CBD User Guide
How to Use CBD
As a general guideline, start “low and go slow” with CBD. Everyone’s body processes plant medicine differently, and effectiveness is not based on body weight. The “right amount” varies from person to person. You may also find that over time your needs change, so pay close attention to how your body responds to the effectiveness of the CBD, and then adjust accordingly and as needed.
We provide general guidelines for you to follow and request that you work closely with your doctor to find the appropriate amount, delivery method, and frequency for your unique system (body).
Click below to learn more.
What is a delivery method?
A delivery method is simply the way in which you choose to bring the CBD plant medicine into your system (body). The delivery method affects how your system processes the CBD plant medicine and therefore, the benefits you’ll receive.
There are three main delivery methods:
- MOUTH (often referred to as ‘oral’): Oral methods are used for internal system-wide effects—meaning, the CBD plant medicine travels throughout your system and assists where it detects you need it the most. In fact, you may experience multiple benefits using orally delivered CBD. Imagine enjoying inflammation relief for your sore knee, and insomnia relief at the same time from taking one holistic solution.
- SKIN (often referred to as ‘topical’): Topical methods are used for specific areas such as sore muscles, achy joints, or irritated/damaged skin such as burns, bruises, acne, scars, etc. Here the plant medicine brings relief to the local area where you apply it and it works quickly to target the external inflammation. Except in the case of BATHS where you are soaking your whole body in CBD water, which gives systemwide game-changing effects for relaxing, sleeping, and overall skin care.
- LUNGS (often referred to as ‘smokable,’ ‘flower,’ or ‘bud’): Smokeable methods are used for internal system-wide effects. The lungs are the fastest way to get CBD into your bloodstream, making this the best delivery method when you need immediate relief from sudden onsets of anxiety and panic attacks.
- SMOKABLE: Currently (April 2020), Seed2System does not offer a smokable product, however, we anticipate this delivery method being added in May. Always refer to our PRODUCTS page for the latest and greatest ways to bring CBD plant medicine into your system.
How to Choose the Right Products For You
Now that you’re familiar with the different delivery methods, you can feel more confident when choosing which products you think will work best for the reasons you want to use CBD.
S2S TIP: When therapeutic compounds such as CBD, are delivered directly to the bloodstream, they will work faster than when they have to pass through other organs and systems.
Most common product types:
- TINCTURE products deliver the CBD plant medicine into your system through the mouth, known as ‘orally’. Tinctures can be ‘dropped’ or ‘sprayed’ under your tongue (fancy word for this is ‘sublingually’) and are designed to work on a system-wide basis. The area under the tongue is a pathway to the bloodstream which helps you absorb the CBD plant medicine as it is being delivered.
S2S TIP: Holding the CBD oil under your tongue for about one minute will ensure better absorption than when you swallow it right away. Allow the oil to ‘soak in’ one minute before swallowing.
- GEL CAPSULES, GUMMIES and HONEY products are also taken through the mouth, known as ‘orally’ and are an easy way to get CBD into the system. ‘Gelcaps’ are swallowed with water, gummies are chewed and swallowed, and honey is typically added to other beverages such as smoothies and teas.
- SALVE and ROLL-ON products deliver the CBD plant medicine into your system through the skin, known as ‘topically.’ Salve and roll-on products are meant to be rubbed into a specific area on your body for a direct impact and relief to that area.
- SMOKABLE [coming soon – we’ll be adding our smokable solutions soon]
- BATH, LOTIONS and GROOMING [coming soon – we’ll be adding our spa solutions soon]
S2S TIP: Using a variety of delivery methods tends to have a ‘multiplier’ effect because your system accepts different compounds of the CBD plant medicine based on how you receive it. The more points of entry into the system, the higher your chance of success because the effects are multiplied throughout the system.
How Much Should I Take – Dosage
The “right amount” of CBD plant medicine for your system will depend on your current health and resilience. Consider your present overall condition and the symptoms you want to address.
Some people feel effects on their first dose and for others it takes several weeks for the CBD to build up and show up. Consistency is key. Give your system time, and when you find your “right dose” you will know it and it will have been worth the wait.
Click below to learn more tips.
How to Read the Label
S2S TIP: Remember, the front of the label shows the TOTAL amount of CBD milligrams for the WHOLE PACKAGE. Instead, look for a “serving size” and the “servings per container.” You may have to do the math to figure out how many milligrams of CBD are in each unit/serving.
If the amount of CBD per serving is not clearly indicated in a product’s description on our products pages, look for a photo of the nutrition label to find the ‘serving size’ – that will tell you the amount of CBD in each serving.
Our CBD (also known as “hemp extract”) has a higher purity level and therefore a more effective potency than many other hemp companies out there (see Our Method), so keep that in mind when you choose your starting dose.
S2S TIP: Remember…“start low (in milligrams) and go slow.”
Start by taking 10 - 25mg once or twice a day
A “low” amount is 10-25mg per day. Here’s a good self-regulated dosing schedule:
- Start at 10-25mg once each day for 3-5 days and watch for any shifts in how your body, your mind, and your spirit feel or behave.
- If nothing has shifted, double your dose by taking 10-25mg twice each day and again, watch for any shifts in how your body, your mind, and your spirit feel or behave.
S2S TIP: Explore the best time of day to take your CBD. You might find